Nationals Rash Vest Sponsorship Requirement

Event plugs and news.

Nationals Rash Vest Sponsorship Requirement

Postby Andy_1272 » Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:38 am

Hi all

I was very surprised to see the requirement that the sponsorship rash vest be worn over your buoyancy aid for the nationals and that you risk disqualification without a hearing if you don't:

https://www.supernovadinghy.org/files/uploads/Event%20details%202021/2021%20Nationals/Sponsorship%20Requirements.pdf

I understand that the sponsorship is important for the event, and that many people already wear a rash vest over their bouyancy aid, but I would feel unsafe doing so.

1, I keep an emergency safety knife in my bouyancy aid front pocket which I wouldn't want to cover up.

2, I would want my bouyancy aid shoulder straps to be obvious and available for the best possible grip should I need to be rescued by a safety boat. Covering them with a rash vest hinders this. Having been in the position a couple of years ago where 2 men were struggling to pull me into a safety boat, and I was beginning to get exhausted helping them, I absolutely wouldn't consider wearing the rash vest over my bouyancy aid.

Is anyone else uncomfortable doing this and feeling that that it reduces your personal safety?

Andy
Andy_1272

Re: Nationals Rash Vest Sponsorship Requirement

Postby iainbarlow » Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:11 am

Hi Andy and Other Competitors,

We have listened to your and other's feedback on this point and have changed the rules surrounding how the event rash vest can be worn.

Please see the revised Sponshorship Requirement Note V2.0 which can be found: https://www.supernovadinghy.org/files/u ... 20V2.0.pdf

I hope this helps to alleviate any concerns.

Look forward to seeing you on Thursday.

Best Regards,
Iain Barlow
Class Chairman SN1275
iainbarlow

Re: Nationals Rash Vest Sponsorship Requirement

Postby Andy_1272 » Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:10 pm

Hi Iain and the rest of the committee,

Thanks for listening and updating the rash vest requirements. I'll feel much happier sailing at the event now.

A great example of why I like being part of the Supernova class!

Andy
Andy_1272

Return to Events