Why should I become a member?
The Supernova benefits from an active and friendly Class Association which is steered by a Committee of volunteer enthusiastic Supernova sailors who wish to promote and see the class thrive. The main functions of the Association is to:-
- Keep members informed of developments concerning the class and any proposals concerning class rules
- Promulgate information on technical development within the Supernova Class
- Organize and run 3 main Championship events (Winters, Nationals and Inlands)
- Organize an extensive program of Open Meetings (13 this year)
- Run Training days which are free to Members of the Association
- Liaise with Hartley Boats over all aspects of the boat
- Promote the Class and help to support and offer advice to Supernova Sailors
- Seek sponsorship to assist in promoting all of the above and providing prizes and trophies for events
- Maintain an effective and user friendly website in order to assist with promulgating much of the above information
Without an Association there would be none of the above and the Class would diminish as there would be few, if any potential owners prepared to buy into a Class with nothing to offer. So if you are a Supernova sailor who has no intention of attending Championship events or travelling to open meetings, but values your boat and looks for advice/information from the Association website and forums, there is still every reason to support your Class Association by becoming a member.
Membership year and fees
The membership year runs from the 1st January to 31st December of any one year. New members joining on or after the 1st September shall be entitled to a free membership for the next membership year.
The annual membership fees for new members and those existing members renewing during the month of January are as follows:
Youth Member (under 21 on the 1st January): £7.50
Standard Member: £15.00
Family Membership: £22.50
The annual membership fees for existing members who renew their membership on or after the 1st February are as follows:
Youth Member (under 21 on the 1st January): £12.50
Standard Member: £20.00
Family Membership: £27.50