Combs Open Meeting 6th June

Event plugs and news.

Combs Open Meeting 6th June

Postby StuartReid1120 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:32 pm

Combs Sailing Club would like to welcome all Supernova owners to come and enjoy a days racing in the Derbyshire High Peak. Our event is on Saturday the 6th June, which is the day before the open @ Carsington. The two events are about 50 minutes travelling time from each other, so would make an ideal weekends racing. For those of you considering making the trip here are some details - The club will be open from Friday afternoon, I will be on site to receive early arrivals and camping is free in the dinghy park or we are allowed to use the clubhouse floor for those who don't mind 'roughing it'. Although we don't have a bar, there are a couple of good pubs within walking distance
all serving good food and real ale. Camping is also offered for Saturday night or you could head for Carsington after the racing.
£10 entry. 3 races (timings to follow). Breakfast & Lunch available. Good company assured.
Please feel free to contact us - email [email protected] phone 0161 427 2356 mobile 07976 423577
StuartReid1120

Re: Combs Open Meeting 6th June

Postby StuartReid1120 » Fri May 08, 2015 9:20 pm

Greetings fellow sailors, Further to my earlier post, I am now booked in at the pudding room campsite on Saturday night which is opposite the knockerdown pub on the approach to Carsington. So I suggest those of you considering doing the two events join me and travel across after we finish up at Combs. I will still be staying overnight at the club from Friday late afternoon to greet any early arrivals .
Looking foreword to getting back into Supernova sailing again.
Regards Stuart
StuartReid1120

Postby StuartReid1120 » Tue May 12, 2015 9:58 pm

Having read Tom's post re-camping problems at Carsington on the Saturday night (6th June) after the Combs meeting, I am prepared to cancel my booked pitch at the Pudding room and camp at Combs ready to travel across earlyish on Sunday morning. Please let me know if this would be helpful and I will make arrangements.
Cheers Stuart.
StuartReid1120

Postby JW » Wed May 13, 2015 12:06 pm

Thanks Stuart. There are at least 2 vans intending to use Uppertown Farm on the Sat evening as per Tom's suggestion
John
JW

Return to Events