BARTLEY 14th OCTOBER

Event plugs and news.

BARTLEY 14th OCTOBER

Postby Diablo Grande_old » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:52 pm

Are you ready????
It’s the Battle at Bartley!
Bartley S.C Supernova Open – Sunday 14th October

Next and final stop of the tour before the Xmas Pudding is happening this Sunday, the 14th October.
If you are thinking of getting to an open this year, this is the one. The water is still pretty warm and the air temperature is still fine.
Apart from the central location, Bartley is one of the country’s bigger waters offering unobstructed winds. Also a few of our Elite sailors are based here so there must be something in the water!
This event is hoping to get a good turnout based on it’s location and size so it’s sure to bring some good racing no matter where you find yourself in the fleet. Just a quick note on this, I am new to the boat this year and jumping on the circuit is highly recommended. I will be doing a piece to introduce myself properly soon but I just want to briefly let you know why I wanted to take on the role as Press Officer.
When I came to the first event of the year at Blithfield, I was blown away by the warm welcome and support I received as a newbie. I have sailed for years in other fleets but of course when you jump in a new class it brings with it new challenges. I came away from the event learning lots about the boat that shortened my learning curve. It was also good to see the mixed ability range that the Supernova has on the circuit, we are not all sailing round in sponsored lycra.
In short what I am saying is, if you’re contemplating coming, just come. I am sure you will come away with more knowledge and be counting down the days towards the next event.

So the event details are all online but some brief points!
Gates open at 9:00, Briefing at 10:30 and first race at 11:00
Entry Fee £10
Food available from the well stocked galley
BIG WATER
Good turnout expected due to size and location!
All Visitors attending Open Events at Bartley S.C. are kindly reminded that upon arrival all boats must be rinsed in the boat wash area. This is a Severn Trent stipulation, so please arrive early enough prior to your racing to rinse your dinghy!
See you soon!
Stuart Catterall
Press Officer
Diablo Grande_old

Return to Events