Hunts training day

Event plugs and news.

Hunts training day

Postby tizer » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:04 am

I see there is not much mention of the hunts training day cumming up soon
do i need to book or just turn up. I need to know as i would like to get a hotel booked.

Tony
tizer

Re: Hunts training day

Postby Sunsetstrip » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:45 pm

Hi Tony,
I wondered that too! Found the info: Go to events on home page, then Hunts SC nor pdf and there is an addendum at the bottom of the nor with a phone number. No mention of start time though.
Hope this helps.
Alan (1096)
Sunsetstrip

Re: Hunts training day

Postby JP1223 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:30 am

The training will be run by Andy Kerr, a freelance dinghy & windsurfing coach. He used to sail at Hunts so should have many useful tips on lake sailing.

There is no need to book although it’s useful to know that you are coming. I'm waiting to hear the official start time, but expect we’ll say to be ready to sail for either 10:30 or 11:00 am. The club will be open from 8:30am and camping on Thursday night would be possible if anyone is interested, I just need to know the ETA so we can arrange to unlock. There is no charge for the training, we’ll have some filled rolls and hot drinks available at low cost during the day.

Liability insurance is required for your boat, same as if you were racing.

Most people will be staying on for the open on the Saturday, we plan to go to a local pub for food in the evening, everyone is welcome to both the open and the meal.

We look forward to welcoming you to Hunts

Jon
JP1223

Return to Events