National Championships 2015

Event plugs and news.

National Championships 2015

Postby Pete1177 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:00 pm

Our Nationals event at Paignton is less than 12 weeks away now, and if you plan to come, your thoughts should be on entering for the event (if you haven't already - visit http://www.supernovadinghy.org/nationals), and on booking your accommodation for the 3 days. Paignton is very popular for sailors and visitors alike, so if you are planning to stay in a hotel or B&B then these are getting booked up fast. My quick search on http://www.booking.com is showing that a lot of Paignton accommodation has only a few rooms left for the 3 days. It pays to book early - not only will you have peace of mind in securing somewhere to stay, but you may also save money by an early booking.

Paignton Sailing Club have kindly put together some additional information for us (file: camper_vans.pdf), which I have uploaded to the appropriate Events page (http://www.supernovadinghy.org/event/national-championships). This will be of particular interest to those planning to stay in camper vans close to the venue (on the promenade). Up until last year, Torbay Council have always refused requests for camper vans. However, with a lot of hard work by Paignton SC, we now have an understanding. They are allowing a limited number of vans on the promenade between the boat park and the beach. Space is allocated by prior booking only - on a limited number basis, on a first-come, first served basis. A £10 per night permit fee will be payable on arrival at the event - this is to cover Paignton SC's costs. Full details are provided in the attached document (including how to book) and you are advised to print off a copy.

There is an additional condition for those staying in vans (not mentioned in the information sheet) - laundry and/or sailing gear shouldn't be hung out to dry as local residents might perceive this as an eyesore.

You can view who has already entered the Nationals by logging in to the Supernova Dinghy website. Why not add your name to the list?

I will keep you posted as we get any further information.

Pete1068
Secretary, Class Association
Pete1177

Nationals Accommodation

Postby Pete1177 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:58 pm

Hi all,

I received the following e-mail from Liz Rayner of Paignton SC offering use of their self catering accommodation - sleeps up to 6 people.

Contact Liz directly if you are interested.

Here is the offer ...

We are members of PSC, we sail a Wayfarer. Have 'hosted' competitors in our Open and National Class Events, boasting some cup winners! Local knowledge. We have two houses side by side:- Offering fully serviced self-catering property, with secure parking for 1 boat, plus 1 car outside the gate. £20 p/p which will save you £8.00 on car parking fees. Local hotels charge over £60 a room at this time of the year. We include everything you need, toast, homemade marmalade, tea/coffee/hot chocolate, fully functional kitchen! With all the basics dishwasher tabs, foil etc..included, Oven, microwave, washing machine, dishwasher! Can sleep up to 6 people. 2 toilets. Wet suit hose down facility plus a drying line too and we give you a lift down to the front and back! Plus help to launch boats off the beach/out the harbour. We can offer weekends between now and June 19th for anyone who wants a practice sail in Torbay or who wants to come to our POSH event on 9th May. (Paignton Open for Single Handed Dinghies). Give us a call 0754 6500102 or drop me an email:- [email protected]

Pete1068
Pete1177

Re: National Championships 2015

Postby PaulUndrell106 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:12 pm

The Notice of Race for the nationals is now also available on the events page
PaulUndrell106

Postby GavinYoung68 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:41 pm

Hi all, I have booked "Cherry Tree" B&B for the Thursday, Friday and Saturday night but now have booked my camper van in. So if anyone would like to take the booking, it was a twin room for single occupancy, I think it was £114 for the 3 nights.

If you would like to take the booking let me know, [email protected].

Happy sailing

Gavin Young

GavinYoung68

Postby chenlin » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:53 pm

How many people have signed up to participate in this event?

Postby Pete1177 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:16 pm

You can see the list of entrants under the Nationals page (you need to be logged in to the site to view).

Pete1068
Pete1177

Postby CliffMilliner » Tue May 12, 2015 6:04 pm

Nationals Beer & Boat tuning session!

For those coming down on Thursday afternoon, I'm running a informal boat tuning session from about 6.30pm for an hour or so.

All you need is your boat and a cool beer!

We will go over the basics of setting your rigs up to the correct measurements, and a few points on getting the best out of your boat on the sea, and maybe a few other tips if the beer keeps flowing....

Looking forward to seeing you all there!

Cliff
CliffMilliner

Return to Events