modifications

Tuning the Supernova Dinghy

modifications

Postby stumcb_old » Sat May 26, 2012 8:17 pm

hi all

the arrival of a new mkIIb has promted me to look anew and thinking of a couple of modifications to my mkII

first off i notice that the new centre board is a lot lighter than the previous one. i am not sure how much, but was the weight of the new mkIIb corrected , i recon it must be at least 1kg difference. so i might get a new board. i presume that it won't push me under the weight rules???? or is the class rule on boat weight without foils?

pro grip - i want to add some to the side tanks where i hike hardest and again at the back where i hike on a reach - is this allowed.

ajustable toe strap, i am sure i read this topic already has anyone done this / got photos? is it allowed?

packing centre board - is it just mine? the centre board has some movement. maybe a couple of mm each side at the top. this transfers to approx 25mm each way at the other end. can i pack some progrip in the slot? (this is specifically not allowed in lasers)

the class rules seam un clear on some of this
stumcb_old

Postby CliffMilliner_old » Mon May 28, 2012 9:19 am

Hi,

I have rewritten the class rules to make them clearer (I hope) and they are with the committee, not sure why they haven't been published yet, but i expect they are doing some final edits/ changes etc to fit in with the Hartley/Association relationship, that i wasn't fully aware of when i wrote them.

All of the things you want to do are fine under either set of rules, and a lot of people currently are doing similar thing. Basically you can make changes that are minor without any problems, its the major things like Hull/Mast/Sail that are set in stone but tweaking of these is fine unless stated in the rules.

Next time i see the chairman I'll ask whats happening with the new rules.

Cliff
CliffMilliner_old

Postby stumcb_old » Mon May 28, 2012 12:34 pm

cheers for the quick reply cliff

the dagger board raises another question - is the profile exactly the same?

i have re-tied the toestrap using the system hartlys put in and will give it another try - do notice a HUGE difference in the placement of the toestrap fitting at the transom end.

the pro grip is a tweek that i have resisted doing but the only way i can beat the new boat is to work harder. :?
stumcb_old

Return to Tuning