Replacement Improved Gooseneck

Tuning the Supernova Dinghy

Replacement Improved Gooseneck

Postby Pete1177 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:10 am

Hello everyone,

Those of you aware of my previous posts on the new gooseneck design culminating in SG5 will be aware that 100 were initially made and I have now sold all of these bar just a small handful. These have proven to be very popular as it has better reliability than the standard Superspars one and also prevents the black aluminium oxides depositing on your boat. At the AGM I announced that I wouldn't be making any more so if you wanted one then you had better be quick.

The original development thread is here: https://www.supernovadinghy.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1396&sid=cbbae53784aa81569c6fd37aad2e6bc7

Well I had a change of heart and decided to get some more Acetal/POM toggles manufactured.To be honest these are the costliest element as it is CNC-machined to my design. The re-quote from the original UK manufacturer came in a bit higher than last time - no surprises there, so I found a company in Shenzen China. They have been excellent in all respects including proper quality control and I now have new stock of 100 toggles in my hands. From factory despatch to arriving took 6 days via Fedex.

SG5_small.jpg
SG5 Gooseneck
SG5_small.jpg (49.13 KiB) Viewed 6914 times

I did send out an email to all those using the extended (heavy duty) mast bracket then you need to look out for a possible wear issue which could arise with heavy mast rake. The solution is simple and involves a very minor modification to the Allen Fittings-supplied stainless pin. If you didn't get this email then please let me know. If you acquired a boat second hand then you will not have received the email. The standard mast bracket is unaffected. In any case all assemblies shipped in the future will be modded.

Pete Bingham
Class Secretary
SN1177
Pete1177

Return to Tuning