Supernova at the Dinghy Show

Open forum for the Supernova Dinghy Class Association

Supernova at the Dinghy Show

Postby JW_old » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:05 pm

It was really nice to see so many Supernova sailors at the Dinghy Show this last weekend. Lots of new faces to put to the names of people I have seen as new members of our Association.

Supernova no.1070 was on display and looking particularly splendid with the grey non-slip floor in the cockpit. Paul and I had a huge amount of interest shown in the boat from both existing MK1 owners and prospective new Supernova sailors which was great to see. It is likely that next year we will be looking for volunteers from the Association who are intending to go along to the show to help out on the stand for an hour or two to ensure we get maximum benefit from the boat being displayed at the show.

On another tack it was evident from talking to a small number of peoiple that they were unsure about attending this years Nationals as they do not particulaly like sailing at Sea. I would like to reassure members that the launching facility is good at Brixham and we will be launching into a large harbour which is protected from all but NW winds. Equally, Torbay is a fairly well sheltered bay so please do not let these concerns stop you from attending what is likely to be a fabulous event.

Remember, the early birds get entered into a draw for a new boat cover so get those applications in soon!

John
JW_old

Return to General