New Hyde Sail for 590

Open forum for the Supernova Dinghy Class Association

New Hyde Sail for 590

Postby davejohnvr » Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:40 am

Hi, I'm new here and am the owner of 590. I'm wanting to get a new sail, do the Hyde supernova sails fit okay and what is the quality like versus the jeckells sails? I see the Hyde Sail is also 9.12 sqm so wasn't sure if they would fit? Thanks
davejohnvr

Re: New Hyde Sail for 590

Postby Nick » Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:02 am

Hi Dave,

Don't know if you saw the newsletter yesterday but there is a new sail just been released for the class through Hartleys who are the copy right holders for the Supernova and it looks like there is a great deal on offer for the next few weeks on the spam*************** new sail. Which will fit 590 and is from what it says in the newsletter will be a much easier sail to live with.

I have a Mrk II 1092 and will be getting my order in today.

Hartley sails are the only one that can be used in association events.

Hope that helps

Nick
Nick

Postby davejohnvr » Tue Jan 02, 2024 11:15 am

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the help and info on this. I'll have a look into the new sail.

Cheers
Dave
davejohnvr

Postby Pete1177 » Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:36 pm

Hi Dave,

Just to let you know I'm about to have a clear out of all my sails. It will include a Hyde sail (quite old but serviceable) and an excellent Jeckells Small sail (new design, with full battens). I also added tapered battens to the small sail as part of my Dynaflex tapered batten development. I never used the small sail much and I'm getting too old to sail in very windy conditions - even with the small sail. Current price for new small sail is £895.96. Obviously mine will be a lot less.

PM me if interested.

Pete
SN1177
Pete1177

Return to General