Stopping Mice Chewing Pro grip cushion floor

Open forum for the Supernova Dinghy Class Association

Stopping Mice Chewing Pro grip cushion floor

Postby DuncLlew » Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:10 pm

Had a nice cushion floor fitted which is brilliant on the knees. However, winter is coming and the mice in the dinghy pen have been known to move in in the past, so concerned they will take a particular liking to this new cushion floor. Any suggestions for keeping them out, other than poison?
DuncLlew

Re: Stopping Mice Chewing Pro grip cushion floor

Postby KeithRix » Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:14 pm

just noticed your post. I don't have an answer re. mice, but would like more information about this product. Is it a mat you have had stuck to the deck, or is it Pro-Grip Non-Skid Rubberised Coating Paint. The latter needs a Spray gun, which for one application is a an expensive item to purchase plus the need for a compressor. Or is there a paint-on with a brush version.
Did you have this done professionally, or any ideas as to how one can achieve the application. I live in Croydon, South London.
KeithRix

Postby DuncLlew » Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:59 pm

It's called a pro-grip non slip cushion floor and was added by Hartley boats when delivered new. No idea what brand it is. To protect it, I bought some disposable plastic dust sheets and sprayed some anti rodent spray which seems to have stayed active and no sign of mice. Haven't been to check recently but it hasn't been that cold. Also thought about some citronella next year as it's a bit of a faff to take the sheets on and off.
DuncLlew

Postby shipbiulder101 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 4:35 pm

The brand Hartley's uses is called Seadeck https://seadekpro.uk/shop (my Dads boat has had it just fitted) Hartley's CNC cut it in house to fit the Supernova. There was also Pro-Grip as a company but I don't know if they are still about.
Paul Rankin
SN 1157
shipbiulder101

Return to General