New Hartley Sail Delay

Open forum for the Supernova Dinghy Class Association

New Hartley Sail Delay

Postby [email protected] » Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:57 am

Is anyone else waiting for a new Hartley Supernova sail? I ordered (and paid in full) on 4th January. Emails went unanswered so eventually called and didn't get a very convincing
reason (something about one of the loft staff being on maternity leave) and no guarantee of a delivery date. So slightly concerned it's not going to arrive in time for the Nationals.

Anyone have any more info?

Richard
SN1306
[email protected]

Re: New Hartley Sail Delay

Postby Kevin » Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:40 pm

Hi Richard,

Yep, I’ve had the same experience. Ordered my sail on Jan 6th, it eventually turned up toward the end of May.
I used my voucher from the Pwllheli Nationals, but they did say it would be ‘end of March, possibly’ before the sail would be ready.
Like you, chased up with a couple of unconvincing phone calls to Hartley Boats. I’ve tried using their ‘contact us’ email service for several other things, but have never had a reply. Fortunately I wasn’t in any hurry.

I guess they need to have sails ‘in stock’ and not just made to order. The 20% offer at the start of the year was across most of their range of sails so was probably very popular. I did ask for an email receipt but didn’t receive that either.

My sail came numbered and looks a quality product and worth the wait, though I haven’t used it yet!
Hope yours turns up soon.

Kevin 1226
Kevin

Re: New Hartley Sail Delay

Postby [email protected] » Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:45 am

Thanks for your reply Kevin. I've emailed HB again, hopefully it's on its way soon,
doesn't give me long to try it out before the Nationals now!
[email protected]

Return to General