TWEAKS

Open forum for the Supernova Dinghy Class Association

TWEAKS

Postby paulmcnally » Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:18 pm

I'm new to the class and there seems to be some variations on rudder downhaul systems. There's the one posted here using a Spinlock PXR0206 and there's the continuous control line setup described in Mk 1 & Mk 2 Modifications on the website, which I've yet to get my head around. I'm inclined to just replace the Clamcleat on mine (which slips) with a Spinlock cleat but not sure where to source the base moulding for the tiller extension. Where can these be obtained from?

My gooseneck spigot seems to have quite a bit of play in it. Where can the new & improved version be obtained from? (The goose neck fitting on the mast seems fine).

Many thanks!
paulmcnally

Re: TWEAKS

Postby Pete1177 » Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:28 am

Paul

I've just emailed you a reply. I made a few Spinlock cleat bases to fit the Spinlock onto the radiused tiller extension. You can have one of the last ones if you like.

I've got enough parts left to supply a few more Stainless steel goosenecks (SG5 variant) at £26 each. I sourced more Delrin toggles from China - everything else for the assembly is UK-sourced. This gooseneck has proven to be very reliable with over 100 on supernovas over the last 3 years with no problems.

Here is the link to the information sheet: https://www.supernovadinghy.org/files/uploads/Technical/Equipment%20Reviews%20&%20Articles/information_sheet_new_gooseneck.pdf

Cheers

Pete
SN1177
Pete1177

Postby Riverwatcher » Sun Jul 09, 2023 3:24 pm

Pete

Do you still have availability of your stainless/Delrin gooseneck pins? My original gooseneck is looking very worn so I plan to order one of the new extended ones from Hartley and would like to do the job properly by adding your excellent pin.

Thanks in anticipation

David
Riverwatcher

Postby Pete1177 » Mon Jul 10, 2023 3:33 pm

Hi David,

Yes I have plenty of stock. As you are aware, these are much superior to the Superspars stock item.

These are now £26.50 to include P&P Royal Mail 1st Class. PM me if you want one and I will send bank details or you can use Paypal. PM me for my Paypal email address for payment. I will need to know which mast bracket you have.

Nest regards

Pete 1177
Pete1177

Return to General