Boat register

Open forum for the Supernova Dinghy Class Association

Boat register

Postby IAN1195 » Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:03 am

Hi all, does anyone know if the Boat Register is returning to the website or has it gone for good. Thanks. :D
IAN1195

Re: Boat register

Postby Pete1177 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 5:57 pm

Hi Ian,

The public boat register has gone for good. It was (and maybe still is) written in the Class Constitution that the Class needs to maintain a Boat Register. This was one of the jobs I did when I was Secretary, but on handover to the new Secretary (Mark Meadows) it was decided it was quite onerous to maintain and a lot of the records were out of date anyway (people didn't update when boats changed hands). The Class will need to update its' Constitution to take out the Boat Register requirement.

I did maintain a separate boat register which had historic information including past owners, and also tracked sold prices of boats as they changed hands. I sourced a lot of information from Apolloduck ads as well as those on the Class website. Needless to say that was a lot of work, and since the Secretary role has changed hands I've not maintained it for a few months now.

Hope that clarifies.

Pete
SN1177
Pete1177

Re: Boat register

Postby IAN1195 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:43 pm

Hi Pete
Thanks for clarification and for the years of hard work as Secretary. I just thought the list was useful to see where the boats were but without members updating would be impossible to keep up to date. I hope you are well and enjoying retirement from secretaryship. Hope to catch up during the year. Regards Ian. :D
IAN1195

Return to General